14 March 2010

A Day In The Life

Wow. My last week has been amazing. It's almost impossible not to be healthy and mindful where I am. I'm staying on an organic farm just outside of a really hippie/tourist town called Pai. I want to describe it but it's just better to tell you about a typical day.


0630 - wake up - watch the sun rise over the mountains sitting on the porch with kitty in lap
0730 - breakfast of bananas from farm, green tea and homemade soy chai
0900 - hitch a ride into tow on top of a water tank truck
0930 - return books to library, run into Canadian friend on his way to get a tattoo from a famous French rock star (whom I've never heard of)
1000 - yoga and meditation overlooking the river
1230 - wheatgrass shot and fresh coconut
1300 - internet and skype
1400 - internet connections shuts down
1430 - buy and eat fresh ripe papaya for 10 baht
1445 - browse, return and buy used books
1530 - eat coconut sesame scone
1545 - resume interneting
1800 - hitch a ride back to farm
1830 - go for short swim in pond
1930 - eat fantastic dinner of greens, veggies, bananas and rice
2015 - dishes, clean kitchen
2030 - hang around fire talking about The Life Of Pi and hot springs
2100 - retire to bungalow to read my new used book

Man... and that doesn't include the waterfall hikes, bamboo classes, or homebrewed kombuchas! How will I ever leave Pai?

No comments:

Post a Comment